Thursday, July 15, 2010

Berry Good Tea

My acupuncturist suggested I try goji berries to strengthen my blood and aid in circulation. She gave me a tea she prepared using goji berries and ginger. It was soothing and warming. The taste was pleasant and mild. Given the current heat wave, I thought I'd try this potent antioxidant berry and anti-inflammatory root in a cold tea.


I use 1 quart of warm (not hot) water and steep 1/4 cup of berries in a glass jar with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and thinly sliced fresh ginger. Fresh ginger is preferable. If I don't have fresh, I use a ginger extract from Quantum Herbal Products. Once the water turns on orangy-pink hue, I refrigerate it. Drink the chilled tea with a sprig of mint and/or a wedge of lemon.


More about goji berries, ginger and honey:


What are goji berries?
Supplementing with Superfruits
About Ginger on World's Healthiest Foods
About Raw Honey on World's Healthiest Foods












Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Google Search